Wow! Can you believe we’ve made it all the way through the first month of 12 x 12 and to the first check-in? And what a month it’s been! More than 1000 of you have joined the challenge this year, two of our members won major ALA awards, and we had that epic webinar with Mac Barnett. I’m feeling good about how 2020 has started!
But of course, the check-in is about whether you wrote a draft and/or completed a revision. I am pleased to report that I did both this month! Plus, the new draft I wrote was one that has been on my list for years, but I could never find a way in to the story. It is the draftiest of new drafts, but I’m excited to finally have something on paper that I can work with.
Now, what about you?
Tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in January? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. January Featured Author Shannon Stocker is offering a signed copy of her book CAN U SAVE THE DAY?
Thank you, Shannon, for this great prize!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “A Copy of CAN U SAVE THE DAY?” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Shannon’s post” button. Commenting on Shannon’s post is mandatory for this giveaway and you can enter the Rafflecopter even if you didn’t write a draft this month. You can comment on the post here. Click ENTER.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in January. If you did, click ENTER, if not, click cancel and move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in January. If you did, click ENTER. If not, click cancel and move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on February 5th to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and it will be announced on the blog on February 6th.
Remember, badges are not awarded automatically and must requested in the forum. Click here to request your January badge.
Good luck! Now go write your February draft!