I was almost going to be bummed that I didn’t write a new draft this month, or even revise an old one. But then I realized I’ve done hours and hours of study, research, and reading to prepare my presentation on layers in picture books for Picture Book Summit this coming October. There is no doubt in my mind that when I do sit down to write and revise, I will be a stronger writer. I’m sure I’ve read at LEAST 100 picture books this past month, all published within the last five years. So even though I didn’t write myself, I’ve been steeped in the art and craft of picture books.
Tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in August? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. Our prize comes from this month’s Featured Author Robin Currie. Two lucky winners will get their choice of the English or Spanish version of Tuktuk! Tundra Tale
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “(2) Signed Copies of TUKTUK“ at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Robin’s post” button. Commenting on Robin’s post is mandatory for this giveaway and you can enter the Rafflecopter even if you didn’t write a draft this month. You can comment on the post here. Click ENTER.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in August. If you did, click ENTER, if not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in August. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on September 3rd to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and it will be announced on the blog on September 4th.
(Remember, monthly draft and revision badges are awarded separately from your Rafflecopter entry. Watch this handy tutorial to find out how to get your badges. CLICK HERE.)