Hello my dear 12 x 12 participants,
It is New Year’s Eve. The very last day of 2015, and thus this of year’s challenge. I am always simultaneously sad and excited on this day. Excited because a brand new, shiny year is ahead of us full of possibility. 2016 is extra-special because it is the FIFTH anniversary of the challenge. We have so much in store for you in the form of new features, new webinar speakers, celebrations, and more.
But I’m also sad because every 12 x 12 “class” is unique and special in myriad ways, and while many of you will (I hope!) come back, some of you will not. The group exactly as it is right now will no longer exist.
Allow me, therefore, to pause for a moment to say THANK YOU for being a member, for being brave and taking on this challenge, and being even more brave for sharing your work, your processes and your stories with us. It is truly an honor to write, revise, edit, rant, rave, cry, celebrate, and support alongside all of you. I cannot imagine my life without YOU, the heart of 12 x 12.
Okay, okay! *wipes eyes* Let’s move on to the business of today. First of all, I must apologize. In the buzz and excitement of getting things ready for 2016, I TOTALLY FORGOT to secure a featured author for December. Once I realized, I decided I would write a post. Then I TOTALLY FORGOT to do that, too.
I suppose I am obliged each year to prove that I am not, in fact, superhuman. I just wish I hadn’t (to use a football metaphor) fumbled on the one yard line. Ah well. Onwards!
Now for the actual check-in. So far, I have not done any writing or revising in December. BUT, as I write this post, I am sitting in a cozy cabin up in the mountains about to spend the next three days writing and revising. My pledge is that I will have both a new draft and a revision finished by the end of today. I’ll keep you posted on the Facebook page. I am also committed to writing my January draft AND completing a revision before I leave here on the 3rd so I can start 2016 with gusto. I hope you’ll join me there.
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in December? Did you write 12 or more drafts this year and await your Winner badge?
Remember, although not everyone is an “official” challenge winner, everyone who wrote and revised as part of 12 x 12 this year is a winner as a writer. Because you’re doing it. You’re working, and learning, and sharing, and supporting.
All that being said, only one of you can win this month’s prize:
A 2016 12 x 12 SHEL SILVERSTEIN MEMBERSHIP.*
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “2016 12 x 12 Shel Silverstein Membership” at the top.
- Click on the “I wrote something this year!” button. If you wrote anything at all this year, click enter to get one entry in this month’s Rafflecopter whether you completed a draft in December or not. When you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, the next two options will open up.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in December. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in December. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on January 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on January 2nd.
*If you plan to renew or upgrade to GOLD in 2016 and you win the prize, the amount of the Shel SILVERstein membership will be applied as a discount to your fee.
Remember, returning member registration for 2016 begins next week! Watch your email inbox for details beginning January 5th.
a Rafflecopter giveaway