Lots of April showers over here. And no small amount of disappointment that, once again, I did not write a new draft. I did complete a major revision, but I’m itching to write something new and yet haven’t been able to get Butt in Chair. In part it’s due to a couple of disappointing rejections that threw me into what I call “funkitude,” but it’s time to snap out of it. Write a new draft in May or BUST is now my motto! 🙂
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in April? Let us know in the comments and in the Rafflecopter. This month, one lucky winner gets a critique from Caldecott-honor winning author/illustrator John Rocco! Good luck to YOU!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win a critique from John Rocco:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “Picture Book Critique from John Rocco” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on John’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on John’s blog post. If you haven’t comment yet, you can click HERE and comment. Commenting on John’s post and clicking enter will get you one entry in this month’s Rafflecopter whether you completed a draft or not. When you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, the next two options will open up.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in April. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in April. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on May 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on May 2nd.
May all those great picture ideas bloom into new drafts!