I always find myself more than a little astonished when we reach the end of the first quarter of the challenge. I always want to protest, “But wait! It’s still so shiny and new.” This year, in particular, it really does feel that way. Why?
I think we’ve had the greatest number of active new members than ever before. That means we’ve gotten to know more people passionate about writing and sharing their love of picture books. I feel fresh energy in the challenge, and I’ve had so much fun meeting you all, making introductions, and getting things rolling.
One occupational hazard is just how quickly the first few months do go, what with registration and, this year, the new webinar series. As you may know, our March featured author is now going to be our April featured author. I think (hope?) you’ll understand why I put so much time into that post when you see it tomorrow. But that left us without a March featured author. So in exchange, I am offering not one, but two prizes for this month (see below).
As for me, I completed an intense revision on my picture book biography and sent it off to a freelance editor. I’m hoping the next round of revisions will be the final ones! No new drafts in March, but April is feeling pretty drafty to me. 🙂
Now tell us how you did. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in March? Let us know in the comments and in the Rafflecopter. You have two chances of winning this month! One lucky 12 x 12 member will win a spot in my course How to Make Money as a Writer and another lucky winner will win a query letter critique. Good luck to YOU!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win a spot in How to Make Money as a Writer:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “How to Make Money as a Writer” at the top.
- Click on the “Being an Awesome 12 x 12 Member” button. It will reveal the task, which is to be an awesome 12 x 12 member. Since you are most definitely an awesome 12 x 12 member, click enter. Just being awesome and clicking enter will get you one entry in this month’s Rafflecopter. When you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, the next two options will open up.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in March. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in March. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on April 1st to enter your results. (No foolin’!) Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on April 2nd.
Now spring in to your next picture book draft!