Wow. The end of another year of 12 x 12. Tomorrow we’ll start a new one. Hard to believe and always bittersweet.
Mostly I just want to say how proud I am of all of you and remind you how much you mean to me. I wake up each day knowing you’re there, and it never fails to help me reconnect with my purpose. This community really IS a family. One member of the family is actually with me right now to ring in the New Year, none other than Critique Ninja and all-around awesome woman, Julie Rowan-Zoch!
I did not get any writing or revising this month. I think that makes it two months in a row. But I know my patterns. I tend to start the year strong, so expect BIG things from me in January and February. LOL
I hope you will take a moment, in the spirit of our Friday Dance parties (and in honor of Marcie), to reflect on what you DID accomplish in 2017. Please celebrate each and every one. Yes, it is time to look forward and set goals, but you just finished a full year of 12 x 12 and no matter how many manuscripts you wrote, you are a WINNER. You are here. You show up. You are doing far more than the vast majority of people do to reach their dreams. I toast to you all!
Now it’s your turn!
Tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in December? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. Our prize comes from this month’s Featured Author Marcie Colleen. Marcie is giving away THREE prizes for our December check-in—a signed copy of LOVE, TRIANGLE, a signed copy of THE SUPER HAPPY PARTY BEARS #8: TINY PRANCER, and a picutre book critique.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “One of three prizes from Marcie Colleen“ at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Marcie’s post” button. Commenting on Marcie’s post is mandatory for this giveaway and you can enter the Rafflecopter even if you didn’t write a draft this month. You can comment on the post here. Click ENTER.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in December. If you did, click ENTER, if not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in December. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on January 2nd to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and it will be announced on the blog on January 3rd.
(Remember, monthly draft and revision badges are awarded separately from your Rafflecopter entry. If you did not request your December badge before the forum closed, you will be able to request after you register for 12 x 12 in 2018.)