It turns out October was an auspicious month for me. I wrote not one, but TWO new drafts (although I am going to count the second one for November because “It’s my challenge and I’ll do what I want to…” LOL). I also revised yet another draft. To top it all off, I just spent a wonderful weekend in Austin at The Writing Barn for a Picture Book Intensive. I met quite a few 12 x 12 members I hadn’t met before, got plenty of inspiration, AND wrote that second draft of the month.
Now it’s your turn!
Tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in October? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. Our prize comes from this month’s Featured Author Katey Howes. One lucky winner will get a picture book manuscript and query critique!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “A PB Manuscript & Query Critique“ at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Katey’s post” button. Commenting on Katey’s post is mandatory for this giveaway and you can enter the Rafflecopter even if you didn’t write a draft this month. You can comment on the post here. Click ENTER.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in October. If you did, click ENTER, if not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in October. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on November 2nd to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and it will be announced on the blog on November 3rd.
(Remember, monthly draft and revision badges are awarded separately from your Rafflecopter entry. Watch this handy tutorial to find out how to get your badges. CLICK HERE.)