For less than the cost of a single conference, become a member of 12 x 12 and get the motivation and accountability you need to write more picture book drafts each year. Learn from industry experts, receive advice on the craft of writing picture books from published authors, literary agents, and editors, and enjoy the fellowship of community — without having to travel.
2020 Registration closes February 29th!
Shel SILVERstein level benefits all levels of writers looking for motivation to prioritize writing and accountability to get picture book drafts written. Enjoy the support of a community of writers passionate about picture books and dedicated to improving their craft.
This one-time fee for the year provides the opportunity to get feedback on YOUR work—queries, pitches and manuscripts—perfect for writers who want to focus on both writing and revising while improving their craft.
Shel SILVERstein is also perfect for agented, published authors who, along with the other benefits, have access to an instant platform. A place to share your books, events, trailers AND to get promotion assistance from fellow members (via Member Forum).
Shel SILVERstein includes:
- Full access (view and post) to the Member Forum.* The Forum enables you to find critique partners, discuss specific picture book genres, and stay informed on special membership opportunities that arise through the year.
- Receive feedback from your peers, via the Member Forum, on: 1) query letters in the Query Corner, 2) pitches/hook sentences in Pitch Perfect, 3) the first 250 words of your manuscript in Manuscript Makeover Lite; and, 4) your complete picture book manuscript up to 1000 words in Manuscript Makeover.
- Benefit from the feedback of seven (spread throughout the year) working, professional, traditionally-published authors who will serve as guest critiquers in the Member Forum. All of our guest critiquers have been published within the last five years and are known for the quality of their critiques. You’ll benefit from their knowledge via your 12 x 12 membership and participation in the Forum.
- FREE registration for all twelve webinars in the 12 x 12 webinar series. Replays available for one month for those unable to attend live.
- Full access to the members’ only 12 x 12 Facebook Group.
- Opportunity to win craft-related prizes offered by the monthly featured authors.
- Ability to demonstrate your commitment to your career by placing the 12 x 12 participant badge on your blog or website, and being able to mention your participation in the bio paragraph of query letters.
*Except the Submission Station, which is for GOLD members submitting to agents
*Payable in full at $347 or two payments (one in Jan, one in Feb) of $180 each.
Have you been a member of 12 x 12 for at least one full year, including 2019?** Do you have submission-ready manuscripts? Are you looking for an agent (who accepts picture books!)?
Each month from February – November, Little GOLDen Book members may choose between two agents who will accept submissions from 12 x 12 members that month, enabling you to bypass the slush pile. That’s 10 submission opportunities in one year.
Little GOLDen Book includes:
- Everything in the Shel SILVERstein Level
- Access to the Submission Station section of the 12 x 12 Forum
- Information about that month’s featured agents
- Instructions on how to submit to one of them.
- FREE Registration to all monthly webinars in the 12 x 12 webinar series.
- Three BONUS webinars exclusively for GOLD members to polish their submission skills
REGISTRATION for Little GOLDen Book for 2020 will be available but only to 2019 12 x 12 members, beginning with existing GOLD members and then extending to existing SILVER members (on a lottery basis) until the available spots are full. Your best chance of securing a GOLD membership in 2021 is to register for Shel SILVERstein in 2020 and get started writing those manuscripts and honing your craft.
**To qualify for a GOLD membership, you must have both been a member for at least one year and be current in your membership as of 2019. If you were a member in 2018 or before, but not in 2019, you must join at the SILVER level in 2020 in order to qualify for GOLD in 2021.
With members spanning the globe,
12 x 12 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Once you join, you will be encouraged and supported by the friendliest writing community on earth as you attempt to write one picture book draft a month, AND to revise one manuscript as an additional goal. Little GOLDen Book members* will have the additional opportunity to submit one polished picture book manuscript to an agent each month February – November.
Each month we feature a guest post from a talented picture book author. These authors generously give away fabulous prizes to will help you with your craft.
You’ll get access to members-only 12 x 12 Facebook group, which serves as a support network, a question and answer pool, and a place to share resources. PLUS, 12 x 12 includes a robust online Membership Forum where members can receive feedback on their work and find critique partners. And that’s only the beginning.
- Monthly webinars with industry insiders including agents, editors, authors, and illustrators
- Motivation and accountability
- Worldwide Membership
- Encouragement & support from the friendliest writing community around
- Little GOLDen Book members* will have an additional opportunity to submit one polished picture book manuscript to an agent each month February – November
- Monthly guest post & fabulous prizes from a talented picture book authors
- Members-only 12 x 12 Facebook group, which serves as a support network, a question and answer pool, and a place to share resource
- Robust Membership Forum
- Opportunities to connect with critique groups
- Critiques from published authors
12 x 12 Featured Agents in 2020
- Jennie Dunham – Dunham Literary
- Charlotte Wenger – Prospect Agency
- Melissa Nasson, Rubin Pfeffer Content
- Allison Remcheck, Stimola Literary Studio
- Alyssa Eisner Henkin, Trident Media
- Mary Cummings, Betsy Amster Literary Agency
Lynnette Novak, The Seymour Agency
Minju Chang, Bookstop Literary Agency
- James McGowan, BookEnds Literary
- Victoria Selveggio, Storm Literary Agency
- Adria Goetz, Martin Literary Management
- Ginger Harris, Liza Royce Agency
- Brent Taylor, Triada US Literary Agency
- Laura Symonds, The Bent Agency
- Sean McCarthy, McCarthy Literary
- Alex Weiss, Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency
- Rick Margolis, Rising Bear Literary Agency
*List in progress. Check back for updates