The 12 x 12 Picture Book Writing Challenge is committed to providing a professional environment at all of our events, Facebook groups, social media platforms or any other event that includes 12 x 12 sponsorship. We welcome people of all backgrounds. We expect our community to be a respectful, harassment-free environment for all people regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, nationality, age, socioeconomic status, and belief. 12 x 12 values the diversity of views, expertise, opinions, backgrounds, and experiences reflected among all members and guests of our community.
In pursuit of those goals, staff, members, and outside speakers/guests are expected to abide by the following code of conduct when engaging with/or referring to the 12 x 12 community:
- Treat everyone with respect and consideration.
- Communicate openly and thoughtfully with others, and be considerate of the multitude of views and opinions that are different than your own.
- Be respectful in discussing and debating ideas.
- Follow the rules and policies of the Challenge.
- Be mindful of your fellow participants.
- Harassment and intimidation, including any verbal, written (including via the Facebook Group, Forum, Webinar chatroom, live event, or social media), or conduct designed to threaten, intimidate, humiliate, or coerce another participant.
- Discrimination or other actions based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, nationality, age, socioeconomic status, or belief.
- Stalking or unwelcome or surreptitious photography or recording.
- Verbal abuse or intimidation of any member.
- Sustained or disrespectful disruption of discussions or events.
- Unwelcome sexual attention, including but not limited to sexualized comments or jokes, and/or displaying sexually explicit material.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- 12 x 12 staff may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the Challenge without refund.
REPORTING UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior in the 12 x 12 community or by a 12 x 12 member, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.