It looks like 2018 is going to be a revision-themed year for me, rather than a drafting one. I’m bummed I didn’t get a new draft written in August, but I’m happy I got a TON of writing done overall, including sending a new (to her) manuscript to my agent and completing one additional revision to get it closer to submission-ready. I also revised my PB bio for the umpteenth time to send for critique at the Writing Barn intensive I’m attending in September. Lastly, I’ve had loads of ideas come to me, so eventually one will call me name and beg to be written. All in all, not a bad month.
How about you?
Tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in August? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. One lucky winner will receive a picture book manuscript critique from this month’s Featured Author Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow.
How cool is that? Thank you, Jamilah!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “A Critique from Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow“ at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Jamilah’s post” button. Commenting on Jamilah’s post is mandatory for this giveaway and you can enter the Rafflecopter even if you didn’t write a draft this month. You can comment on the post here. Click ENTER.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in August. If you did, click ENTER, if not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in August. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
Since we’re heading into a long weekend in the U.S., we’re giving you a little extra time to get your check-in complete. You have until midnight Eastern on September 4th to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and it will be announced on the blog on September 5th.
You do not need to post your manuscript and/or revisions on the forum for them to count. If you wrote or revised a manuscript in August, even if it’s scribbled on a napkin in your car, then enter the Rafflecopter below.
(Remember, monthly draft and revision badges are awarded separately from your Rafflecopter entry. Watch this handy tutorial to find out how to get your badges. CLICK HERE.)