Just… WOW! What a month! I probably say this every year, but I think this is the best first month of 12 x 12 ever! Everyone is so enthusiastic and excited, and I see so many new members actively participating alongside the veterans. Plus, we are already 900 picture book authors and illustrators strong. That is nothing short of amazing! Our first webinar with Sean McCarthy was a huge hit. Seems we’re hitting our cruising altitude for 2018.
A quick reminder about these check-in posts. You do NOT need to post or share your manuscript anywhere in order to get points. You can enter the Rafflecopter (below) for a chance to win this month’s prize from Susanna Hill and you can request badges in the Forum. But I repeat, you do NOT need to email me or Kelli or anyone. This is your challenge and it’s on the honor system. We trust you, and we promise there are no 12 x 12 police. 🙂
Traditionally, I open these posts by reporting my progress. I am sorry to say I did not get a new draft written this month, BUT I did a significant amount of revising. Ready to draft away in February (and revise more, of course).
Now it’s your turn!
Tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in January? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. Our prizes come from this month’s Featured Author Susanna Leonard Hill. Susanna is giving away TWO prizes for our January check-in—one enrollment in her class Making Picture Book Magic and a personalized signed set of WHEN YOUR LION NEEDS A BATH, WHEN YOUR ELEPHANT HAS THE SNIFFLES, and WHEN YOUR LLAMA NEEDS A HAIRCUT.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “Enrollment in Making Picture Book Magic“ at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Susanna’s post” button. Commenting on Susanna’s post is mandatory for this giveaway and you can enter the Rafflecopter even if you didn’t write a draft this month. You can comment on the post here. Click ENTER.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in January. If you did, click ENTER, if not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in January. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on February 2nd to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and it will be announced on the blog on February 3rd.
You do not need to post your manuscript and/or revisions on the forum for them to count. If you wrote or revised a manuscript in January, even if it’s just on your computer where no one can see it, then enter the Rafflecopter below.
(Remember, monthly draft and revision badges are awarded separately from your Rafflecopter entry. Watch this handy tutorial to find out how to get your badges. CLICK HERE.)