I had an interesting writing month. I both wrote and revised a draft that was a re-write of a completed manuscript that had been on submission, got very close to getting picked up several times, but missed the mark. I’m back at it, but felt the need to start fresh rather than continue with the older version.
Also, given Miranda Paul’s amazing webinar on keeping momentum in your writing, I decided I needed a greater force to exert upon myself to keep things moving. I found this website called stikk.com, where you can set any goal, any timeframe, and any consequence for failing to meet the goal. My goal is to give my agent four submission-ready (or close to) manuscripts by the end of October. So, GULP! But after wallowing through the summer, I really needed a good swift kick, if you know what I mean. 😉
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in September? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. This month’s winner will win a copy of Toby by Hazel Mitchell and a bag of Toby swag!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “TOBY by Hazel Mitchell” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Hazel’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Hazel’s blog post. If you haven’t comment yet, you can click HERE and comment. Commenting on Hazel’s post and clicking enter will get you one entry in this month’s Rafflecopter whether you completed a draft or not.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in September. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in September. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
We’ve created a quick video to walk you through your monthly check-in. You can view it in the Video Tutorial section of the forum HERE.
You have until midnight Eastern on October 3rd to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on October 4th.
Time to spook up a new draft for October!