July was a good month for writing! Many times the looser summer schedule means it’s harder for me to find time to sit down and write, but this month I not only wrote a new draft, I revised an old one. Let me tell you, it feels good to be writing again.
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in July? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. This month’s winner will win The Complete Guide to Picture Book Submissions created by Emma Walton Hamilton and me to help picture book writers craft their best submissions letters to agents and editors.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “The Complete Guide to Picture Book Submissions” at the top.
- There was no author post this month, so click the first option if you are a Picture Book Writer. (Hint: If you’re a 12 x 12 member, you ARE a picture book writer!) Hit ENTER and move on to the next step.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in July. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in July. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
We’ve created a quick video to walk you through your monthly check-in. You can view it in the Video Tutorial section of the forum HERE.
You have until midnight Eastern on August 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on August 2nd.
Use these dog days of summer to get your writing done!