I’m not gonna lie. June was a tough month. The kids are off school, so the routine is out the window. We took a vacation that was marred by the health issues of a family member. Those same health issues have now become an emergency that I’ll be dealing with during the month of July. I honestly feel as though I’ve been living under water for a month. Since it’s difficult to write under water, I did not complete either a draft or a revision. That’s the bad news.
The GOOD news is, I got to visit Harry Potter World while on vacation and recover a sense of childhood wonder. I am chomping at the bit to return to my writing, so motivation is no longer an issue. My daughter will be at sleep away camp for two weeks in July, so that will help me carve out some time. AND, I am very excited about our 12 x 12 Summer BBQ taking place tomorrow. I’m betting I’m not the only one who could use some mid-year support right now (yes, we are now halfway through the challenge for 2016). Join us for some learning, camaraderie, and Q & A.
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in June? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. This month’s winner will win a signed copy of The William Hoy Story from this month’s Featured Author 12 x 12 member Nancy Churnin.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “The William Hoy Story by Nancy Churnin” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Nancy’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Nancy’s blog post. If you haven’t comment yet, you can click HERE and comment.
- Commenting on Nancy’s Featured Author post and clicking enter in the Rafflecopter will get you one entry in this month’s drawing whether you completed a draft or not. When you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, the next two options will open up.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in June. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in June. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
We’ve created a quick video to walk you through your monthly check-in. You can view it in the Video Tutorial section of the forum HERE.
You have until midnight Eastern on July 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on July 2nd.
Celebrate your freedom to write in your July draft!