Wow! Here we are at the end of the first quarter of 2016. I had an interesting month, in that both my draft and my revision were on the same manuscript–and I got the revision done first!
You see, I had been revising a story over and over trying to fix this and that so we could get it back on submission. After several more critiques, both from CPs and professionals, I came to the conclusion that I’d lost the heart of the story. It now seemed like a jumble of mixed parts stitched together.
So I started over. I wrote a brand new story with the same main character. But the motivations are different, the plot is different, the theme and the outcome are different. Sometimes, we have to let go of our first attempts altogether in order to re-vision a story.
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in March? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. This month’s winner will win a picture book critique from March’s Featured Author Julie Falatko.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “A critique from Julie Falatko” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Julie Falatko’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Julie Falatko’s blog post. If you haven’t comment yet, you can click HERE and comment.
- Commenting on Julie Falatko’s Featured Author post and clicking enter in the Rafflecopter will get you one entry in this month’s drawing whether you completed a draft or not. When you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, the next two options will open up.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in March. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in March. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
We’ve created a quick video to walk you through your monthly check-in. You can view it in the Video Tutorial section of the forum HERE.
No foolin’! You have until midnight Eastern on April 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on April 2nd.
Let the ideas spring from your head to the paper in April!