Helloooo everybody! This is an exciting time because it’s not only check-in day, it’s also the last day of registration for the 2016 challenge. That means as of tomorrow, our community will be complete and we’ll get onto the business of getting to know one another even better and digging in for the remainder of 2016. If you have picture book author and/or illustrator friends you think would benefit from joining us, today is the day!
I am pleased to say I am 2 for 2 in the challenge so far! I actually wrote two new drafts this month, one that I will definitely keep working on and one that is already drawered. But the drawered one was a challenge to myself to write a super-short story that still had a story arc, and I did it! It weighed in at 24 words, and while it’s not a keeper, it was fun to write. I also did some revisions on a couple of other manuscripts. All this while attending SCBWI-NY and hosting our five-year anniversary party. Speaking of which, if you haven’t seen the video highlights from that night, you can click here and join the fun.
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in February? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. This month’s winner will win a critique from February’s Featured Author Melanie Florence.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “A critique from Melanie Florence” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Melanie’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Melanie’s blog post. If you haven’t comment yet, you can click HERE and comment.
- Commenting on Melanie’s Featured Author post and clicking enter in the Rafflecopter will get you one entry in this month’s drawing whether you completed a draft or not. When you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, the next two options will open up.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in February. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in February. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
We’ve created a quick video to walk you through your monthly check-in. You can view it in the Video Tutorial section of the forum HERE.
You have until midnight Eastern on March 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on March 2nd.
Two months down, but it’s never too late to start! Turn those ideas in to drafts in March!