HELLO 12 x 12 in 2015 Participants!! WELCOME to your first monthly check-in. This is where we share whether we wrote or revised this month or made any other progress in our writing. I go first, then I ask you.
But remember, as one of our participants said on the Facebook Group yesterday, if you didn’t get a draft done this month, it’s okay. Really. This challenge is about motivation, not self-flagellation. Even if all you were able to do this month is get your bearings in the group and absorb, through osmosis, all of the energy and positivity in the group, you are on your way to a great year!
As for me, I did get both a January draft written and another one revised. My January draft was a re-write of a story I lost after my iPad shattered last November. But since I had to recreate the whole thing from my imagination once again, I counted it. 🙂
Now tell us about you. Did you start the new year by completing a draft and/or revision? Let us know in the comments and in the Rafflecopter. Remember, one lucky 12 x 12 member will win a picture book critique from the fabulous Tara Lazar. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win a Picture Book Critique from Tara Lazar:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “Picture Book Critique from Tara Lazar” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Tara’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on the featured blog post. Commenting on the featured post is mandatory and gets you one point even if you didn’t complete a draft in January. If you haven’t yet commented, click here to do so. Then click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, which will then open the next two options.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in January. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in January. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on February 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on February 2nd.
We’ve got a great year of writing ahead of us! You can do this!