Frightening how fast this month went by, no? Happy Halloween everyone! I am pleased to report that by the end of today, I will have two manuscripts ready to send to my agent and two more drafts revised and ready for critique. While I ultimately chose the goal of having four ready to go to my agent, I realized halfway through the month that the goal was not only unrealistic, but it would force me to submit work to my agent that I didn’t want her to see yet. So I am calling it done. YAYAYAYAYAYAY!
I did not write a new draft this month with all of that revising, but my goal will be to revise the two going to critique group this month and draft one new ms.
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in October? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. This month we will have six winners! Five will win signed copies of The Peddler’s Bed by Lauri Fortino and one will win a manuscript critique from Lauri.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “The Peddler’s Bed” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Lauri’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Lauri’s blog post. If you haven’t comment yet, you can click HERE and comment. Commenting on Lauri’s post and clicking enter will get you one entry in this month’s Rafflecopter whether you completed a draft or not.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in October. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in October. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
We’ve created a quick video to walk you through your monthly check-in. You can view it in the Video Tutorial section of the forum HERE.
You have until midnight Eastern on November 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on November 2nd.
Give thanks for another month of writing in November and get your draft down on paper!