I did not write a new draft in August, but I am okay with that. I was gone for the first two weeks of the month, and in that time I GOT A BOOK DEAL! So the remainder of my writing time for the month was taken up by revisions based on feedback from my editor. The revisions were approved this week, so now I can move on to other projects. YAY!! That’s pretty much the best reason I’ve ever had for not getting a monthly draft done. 😉
What about you?
Tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in August? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. August Featured Author Rita Hubbard is offering an autographed copy of her book HAMMERING FOR FREEDOM to one lucky winner this month!
Thank you, Rita, for giving back to 12 x 12!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “An Autographed Book from Rita Hubbard” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Rita’s post” button. Commenting on Rita’s post is mandatory for this giveaway and you can enter the Rafflecopter even if you didn’t write a draft this month. You can comment on the post here. Click ENTER.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in August. If you did, click ENTER, if not, click cancel and move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Draft” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in August. If you did, click ENTER. If not, click cancel and move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on September 4th to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and it will be announced on the blog on September 5th.
(Remember, monthly draft and revision badges are awarded separately from your Rafflecopter entry. Watch this handy tutorial to find out how to get your badges. CLICK HERE.)