Hello everyone! After reading my late Featured Author post, you probably know more about the state of my writing life right now than you wanted to – LOL. BUT, I am pleased to report that I woke up this morning and wrote my April draft. It’s terrible, and I’m not sure it’s salvageable, but it’s written and right now that feels like a huge achievement. I didn’t revise any manuscripts this month, so I’ll be putting my focus on revisions in May.
I also want to thank you for your response to my post. I published the post and then went out last night. Imagine how I felt coming back to all of those gorgeous comments you left on Facebook and on the post itself. Go back and read the post and the comments if ever you feel you are alone in this journey. Thank you all for being my buoy over and over again.
Now tell us your progress. Did you complete a draft and/or revision in April? Let us know in the Rafflecopter and in the comments. This month’s winner will win a picture book critique from this month’s featured author–ME!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “A picture book critique from Julie Hedlund” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Julie’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Julie’s blog post. If you haven’t comment yet, you can click HERE and comment.
- Commenting on Julie’s Featured Author post and clicking enter in the Rafflecopter will get you one entry in this month’s drawing whether you completed a draft or not. When you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, the next two options will open up.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in April. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in April. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- That’s it! Rafflecopter will track your points.
We’ve created a quick video to walk you through your monthly check-in. You can view it in the Video Tutorial section of the forum HERE.
You have until midnight Eastern on May 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on May 2nd.
May your picture book ideas flow in to your manuscripts this month!